Friday, August 22, 2008

And now it's my turn



and then I blinked...




These pictures are from the Open House that we went to last night at FBCS. Jonas had fun meeting his teacher and discovering his table, cubby, smiley faces, and baloon. I was a little overwhelmed when I saw that there were 24 other students in his class and I realized that my little boy wouldn't get all the attention he is used to getting! This will be a good thing (I'm forcing myself to think). He will learn patience and he'll learn how to respect other people.

I actually remember my first day of school. My dad took me. I remember my pregnant mom sitting on the steps of our trailor in Georgia waving goodbye to me as I got into my dad's work van and headed off to school. She says she was crying. I saw the smile. That's my memory. The rest of the year is kind of blurry with some strange moments and some very normal (hanging from monkey bars on the playground, doing puzzles, putting felt birds on a board while counting) moments mixed in. And now it's my turn. Yes, I'm sentimental. Yes, I'm anxious. It doesn't feel right to be sending away my baby for hours and hours of the day. I guess I wouldn't be a mom if it did feel good. I know I'm not the first, nor will I be the last to have these emotions.

Ready or not... it's coming. School starts Monday!

6 comments:

Morgen said...

Jonas already looks older than his picture at Kindergarten Round-up! Morgen starts k-4 too. Fun, Fun!

Future of Hope said...

Beth,
Boy, how time flies! It seems like just yesterday your mom and Justin were visiting me on their way to your house for Jonas's birth. Now both our babies are starting kindergarten!
I called your mom on Monday because my baby went to school for his first day. I cried the whole way home!

Then, I deleted his first day of kindergarten pictures. Oops.

Beth said...

Jen- I feel like he's gotten so much older over the past few months. Maybe that's because I realize how old he actually is though. I'm sure Morgen is so excited! You'll be home with the boys and i'll be home with the girls! funny.

Erin- SAD! you deleted the pics. oh, well. just go again and take a few and noone will ever know! :)

Janelle said...

Beth, you have been on my heart and mind all day long! I have prayed for you because my heart even hurts just thinking about what you're about to go through! I try to imagine it being "my turn" and my eyes well up with tears. Just another HUGE reminder that time goes WAY too fast and I need to enjoy every precious second I have with both of my kids before they get those horrible wings and fly off to who knows where! Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you! I'm sure you'll have two BIG distractions and that should help! Keep us updated on how it all goes!

Hannah said...

I love how you put his baby pictures first. They sure do grow way too fast. I am dreading the day! Abby already talks about going to school and how she can't wait. I really might homeschool though. He sure looked like a handsome, big boy.

Meg Flaming said...

My how time flies.