Wednesday, February 17, 2010

THIS is blog-worthy...




S L E E P

All that I seem to be blogging about these days (months) are life changing events. I think this one is pretty important as well... Isaac finally slept for 8 hours last night. That could be fluke, but I got 5 hours of unbroken sleep. It was amazing! I know that many people have been praying for me to get needed rest. God allowed that last night. Praise the Lord! Isaac has been up every 3 hours for almost 10 weeks. I expected him to be just like Jonas and Ella. They slept through at 7 weeks. (Kate was a whole different story!) I've been in such a fog of sleep deprivation since my emotions have been stretched to the max with Jason in the hospital. I've felt like I'm traveling in a blizzard and holding onto a rope that is tied to my destination and I cannot see anything around me but I know to go hand over hand step over step through the storm, hanging onto the rope. God has given grace moment by moment through the trial. He is good and loving. These things I know and am now experiencing in new depths. I have thought many times that surely God would "give me a break" and let me sleep through the night since I have to do ALL this other stuff during the day! How silly. God knows exactly what I need and does what He wills with me. Time is a strange thing. When I look at my chubby cheeked baby boy who no longer fits in a little ball in one arm, 10 weeks seems to have flown by, but when I look back over the events of our hospital experience 10 weeks seems like 6 months! Perspective changes with rest and tonight I am hoping for more sleep. If God wills. If not, I'll enjoy the quiet hours of the night with my newborn. He is a gift from God and I'll cherish each minute with him.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Beth, such great perspective! and what a rebuke to me who complains all too readily when I am up all hours of the night! I love you and am so glad that you are praising God amidst the storm:) God is good and I will continue to pray for rest for you and strength to carry on...

Mary Ann said...

Thank the Lord for your uninterrupted rest last night! I have been rejoicing that Jason has been home, but I have been wondering too if you have been able to rest much. I will continue to pray for your family. I love your analogy of walking through the blizzard, hand over hand on the rope. So true - the Lord gives us just enough strength & grace for each moment, each step. Thanks for sharing the sweet pic!

the johnson crew said...

oh Beth I so easily forget what those newborn baby days were like... Praise God for good rest.

We are still prayng for you all. Praising God for His healing so far.

Love Janelle

Janelle said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!! What a true blessing, and answer to prayer!!! Will keep praying for more genuine sleep and continued strength! What a great testimony you are to me as well! Thank you!!!

My best thought said...

Beth,
I'm so very glad to see you have a 'typical' mother of a new born praise after the cliff hanger days you have been experiencing. That first night is always amazing and truly blog worthy. I'm sure it was a wonderful feeling to get that needed sleep. The Lord is so good. I'm so thankful that the Lord has allowed Jason physical healing and that your family is now on this side of the blizzard. We continue to pray for you, Jason and the little ones as Jason completes recovery.

Beth said...

thanks to you all. Who are you, "My Best Thought"?

Becca S said...

So glad you got the sleep you needed Beth. What a milestone...and I was laughing out loud when you said, "Kate is a whole other story" Oh my...that sounds like something I'd say. Maybe we should just have avoided the name Kate all together?? Haha! I love my kids and while sometimes they make me want to throw a book through the window...they bring so much more joy!!