Since I've been such a delinquent blogger and haven't even really cared lately I thought I'd play catch-up with this post. Here are the random, and in no particular order, happenings around our place over the last little while and, Lord-willing, plans for the months to come.
* Monday, June 8, our first week of camp begins. I've had a nursing infant or a huge belly at camp over the past 4 years. This year I'm farming the kids out in 3 different directions and going as a counselor for Sr. High week. I'm really excited about this opportunity! I'm having a hard time leaving the kids though. I'm sure I'll miss those sweet hugs and kisses I get all day from them!
* This summer I will be home for a total of 2 1/2 weeks. Like I said, Monday we begin the first week of camp (Sr. High week). The week after that I'm home. The next week is Jr. High week of camp. The week after that is Elementary week. Then I'm home for 1 1/2 weeks. I'm going to do a huge yard sale during that time (I'm REALLY trying to get rid of a lot of junk around here. I'm getting my "missionary mindset" on!- another post for another time!). July 18 Jason will be taking a group of teens to Bend, OR on a missions trip and I will be heading to Tennessee! I'll be in Tennessee (stopping in Quincy, IL for several days to spend time with grandparents) for several weeks! Then I'll be heading to FL for vacation with my parents and siblings and Jason will fly down to spend a week with us there.
* I'm very thankful today for a family in our church who live in our neighborhood. They have 3 daughters in our youth group who have been so helpful with our kids! 2 of them came over today to play with the kids for several hours while Jason and I went out for lunch (major Mexican craving!) and did some shopping together to get ready for camp next week. When we got home they said, do you mind if we take them to the park again? OF COURSE NOT! So, off they went for another 1 1/2 hours while I worked in the kitchen uninterrupted and then got some sewing done. When they came home they asked if I minded if they take the kids back to their house to play for a little while? OF COURSE NOT! So, of they went to play at their house for at least another hour. It was AWESOME!
* congratulations to Justin and Stephanie who will be married on August 8. Our family is going to St. George Island in Florida for a week in August and Justin and Stephanie are going to have an intimate wedding with family on the beach there.
* I just finished making 400 sausage balls for a graduation open house tomorrow morning. The ovens been running for about 6 hours today! We don't have a/c (well, one window unit). I think our house is 350 degrees right now. Speaking of grad open houses- I think we've had at least 20 to attend this year! It's been fun.
* 13 weeks. That's me... and baby... this is my ever so NOT creative way of announcing my pregnancy with #4 to my bloggy friends and vast readership (ha ha). As much as I've thought about and planned out creative ways of announcing this I just can't seem to pull it together. So, there you have it. I'm praising the Lord that this pregnancy has gone smoothly so far and I've really only recently been sick (weird, huh?).