Monday, March 03, 2008

We're back in business!

Does anyone else cut dough like this? My mom taught me this trick in highschool. You use some heavy thread or floss and pull up the two side pieces and cross them over on top and pull them in opposite directions to cut right through the dough. Does that make sense? It works so much better than cutting it. The rolls stay in a circle and aren't smushed. Jonas took this picture for me. Not bad! That's a close- up of my new countertop btw!







And now for the taste test..... They are soooo YUMMY! I'm so glad my starter isn't ruined!





I feel the need to say that my kids NEVER get a whole cin roll! This was a photo op. After they took 2 bites each they had to give it back. Isn't that sad? They sure did enjoy their 2 bites though! Later tonight they each got a half and they'll get the other half in the morning. They're probably having sweet cinnamon roll filled dreams right now!

8 comments:

the johnson crew said...

wow beth, i am impressed... those look so yummy! you are amazing.

Janelle said...

WOW, my mouth is watering now! And, yes, my grandma makes her cinnamon rolls the exact same way! I didn't know there was any other way to cut them! Glad your starter wasn't ruined too!

Carrie said...

THis looks so good (but so did the others!)

sc3b said...

Looks deeelicious!!! I know that Amy told you about my offer...so just let me know! :)

Meg Flaming said...

When did you want me to come over for a taste test? I forgot to write it down. ;)

Matt & Nicki said...

They were so yummy!! Thanks for sharing:) oh, and I think it's great that you torture your kids with such things too;)

Erin Neiner said...

my mouth is watering..........................
i think i will be having cinnamon roll dreams also.
great tip. i had read that somewhere and forgot about the cutting tip. i am definitely making these...soon. once i get the starter going!
:P"

Unknown said...

Did you make the icing from scratch too? They look great and I can't wait to try them!