Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Jonas on government


Jonas recently overheard Jason talking about government.  Without saying a word to us he went to his room and got out some paper and wrote this.  He quietly brought it back to us and showed us what he had gotten out of the conversation:  "bad government is too bossy; good government isn't too bossy"   I had to take a picture because it is a unique visual reminder to me that we are teaching, ALWAYS teaching.  What am I teaching my children today?  Am I giving them an accurate picture of Christ?  Am I teaching above all else to love Him supremely?

Deuteronomy 6:5-7
You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.

By the way, GO VOTE! :)

2 comments:

Matt & Nicki said...

I have been thinking a lot about this very thing lately. . .how we are always teaching our children--rebuking, for sure!

On a different note, you have one creative little boy on your hands:)

mom and dad said...

wow! that's good! oh how i regret things you and your siblings young ears heard. i am so thankful God forgives,restores,and gives more grace. love you!