Monday, April 06, 2009

Potato stamping

I had a bunch of potatoes to peel and cube for soup that's going in my freezer. So, while I cut the potatoes I let the kids sit at the kitchen table and stamp away! (Don't worry, none of these potatoes made there way into our soup!) I shy away from paint- probably because I'm lazy and don't like the clean up, but what's the harm? It's so fun and whenever I let the kids paint I wonder why I don't do it with them more often. After their papers were dry I rolled them up and we'll use them as wrapping paper. Who wouldn't want to receive a gift wrapped in this art? :) Oh, I have to say something about Kate's hat. She loves her puffy bakers hat that really belongs with the kitchen set. She wears it almost everyday. It just so happens that she was wearing it when it was time to paint today! She looks like a little artist, doesn't she?










4 comments:

sc3b said...

Hmmm...I think I spy Kate's masterpieces in that last pic!!! Very cute!

Janelle said...

You are a brave soul for bringing out the paint! I've also decided, every now and again anyway, that the messes are worth it in the end. The memories the kids take away, us as well, are so worth it! Great craft idea though! Not much work, but tons of fun!

the johnson crew said...

you are such a fun mommy!

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

A Stamper must stamp :)