Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A long day

I've spent the day on the couch.  Last night I started getting a terrible headache and soar throat and then spent the rest of the night with a fever and chills and upset stomach.  It continued through the day today.  This is kind of ironic because I was just talking to a friend yesterday and saying how happy I was not to have gotten a bad cold yet this year.  Last week I had the starting of a cold and it only lasted for a few days!  This evening I am feeling a little better.  It's not killing my head to look at the computer screen.  

I'm not sure how Kate and Ella took care of themselves today, but I guess they managed somehow!  I put way too many movies ("foovies" as Kate calls them) on for them and kind of passed out in between episodes of Little Einstein's, Letter Leapfrog DVD, and whatever else they watched.  PLEASE tell me you've all had days like this!  I was beginning to feel a little guilty when I saw Kate after her nap carrying around a cold half-eaten corn dog that she found on the table from hours ago!  Poor kid.  She won't remember this, right?  Ella said a very sweet prayer for me tonight before bed.  "Dear God, please help all mommy's hurts to go away so she can read the princess story to me when I wake up."  

Jason had such a long day.  I kept him awake a lot last night and then his day started at 7:00 and didn't end until 9:00.  He made 3 trips back and forth from home and church today (about 2 hours driving time).  Jason brought Jonas home from school at 3:00 and then had to go straight back for 3:30 basketball practice, but before he left he gave me a $20 and said, order Jimmy John's.  He's such a good man!  

Super-hero's come in all different shapes and forms, right?  Well, tonight when the Jimmy John's guys showed up at the door with our food, I think he was concealing a cape and boots!  Yes, I took a picture of the poor guy.  I let him know that I was deranged and a very sick person with 3 little children who were going to starve and possible hurt themselves had he not arrived with our food!  
It's been a long 24 hours...


6 comments:

Sarah Stevens said...

Wow Beth - I thought that's how every day was as a mother! I wouldn't feel bad about the corndog - it was already cooked right? HA! How did our mom's do this staying home thing? It makes me crazy. Hope you feel better soon - so you can read the princess story!

Matt & Nicki said...

You are a funny girl my friend--my last 48 hours have been crazy as well, only I have been AWAY from my house, and I think Ezekiel is ready to disown me as his mother:( Glad you are feeling a little better my friend-great post by the way!

Jennifer Beauchamp said...

Haha poor girl you are so funny. I can't quit laughing that you took a picture of the Jimmy Johns guy!!! I hope you feel better and don't be so hard on yourself your allowed to have sick days even as a mom!

Meg Flaming said...

praying for you. i think you're brave to post about your day. way to go!

Morgen said...

I'm so sorry Beth. I hope your day goes better today! We're still battling the runny noses and coughs. No fun, eh? Too funny that you took the guys pic. You're hilarious. Thanks for sharing though.

Deanna said...

I have definitely had days like that!! I have to say I have never taken a picture of the delivery boy, though! haha