Sunday, September 07, 2008

Bathroom- Before

This is our lovely bathroom.  We knew when we bought the house that this room would have to be updated- and soon!  This bathroom is 50+ years old and it's served it's purpose well, but it's time to go.  I'm posting these pics now because TOMORROW (!!!!!!!!!!) we start ripping out the old and installing the new!  yeah!  Yes, we're slightly excited.  By the end of the week we'll be brushing our teeth and washing our hands at the sink (we've been using the tub for a few months now).  Flushing the toilet won't be a chore (right now we have to turn the water off when we're not flushing and turn it on to flush).  I'm also happy that we won't have a shower downstairs every time someone is showering upstairs!   We're not going to go crazy and totally remodel the place (that would sure be fun!).   We are going to tear down the tile around the tub and replace that with a fiberglass surround and a new tub.  That will involve ripping out the closet and moving the wall to accommodate a new tub.  The original tub is not standard.  It's very small.   The closet is already very narrow, but I'm hoping that any space behind the new wall will be used for open shelves (floor to ceiling).  We're not going to do anything about the tiled walls or floor.  I think that some new grout work will clean that up nicely (at least it's not a salmon colored bathroom like some 50 year old houses!).   We will also replace that old medicine cabinet mirror with something new.  So, I'll keep the pics coming of the whole process.  We're very excited about this.  I seem to spend a lot of time in this room (between 3 kids); however, I never seem to be alone. :)  I know, too much info- but you moms can relate.  










3 comments:

Ben and Carissa said...

Can't wait to see it all done!! I bet you are going to have a great time with this remodel!! Out with the old and in with the new! Hurrah! Oh, and I'm sure that if we do end up having a garden together someday, we will more than likely have a few needed remodels too!!

Meg Flaming said...

Yikes! So glad this is happening. Can't wait to see the after pics.

tim said...

Hey! What's wrong with 50+ year old salmon colored bathrooms?! My bathroom takes offense to that comment! I'm happy for you! (and a wee bit jealous :))
~Kimberly